ViewMyPaycheck: QuickBooks Online Payroll FAQs
Understanding the Basics
What is it?
ViewMyPaycheck is a website (https://paychecks.intuit.com) that makes it easy for employers to give employees 24/7 online access to their own paycheck info. No more printing and mailing pay stubs every payday or replacing lost or damaged pay stubs. Employees can simply sign in to their ViewMyPaycheck account and see any current or prior pay stubs.
Here's an example of what employees would see:
How does it work?
What are the browser or system requirements?
- Internet Explorer (IE) 9 or later
How much does ViewMyPaycheck cost?
Is there a mobile app for ViewMyPaycheck?
Signing Up & Signing In
How do I sign up for ViewMyPaycheck?
EmployeesBefore you sign up:
- Check with your employer to see if ViewMyPaycheck is available for your company.
- Make sure you have your Social Security number (SSN) handy and the net amount of your last paycheck issued by the company. The net amount is your take-home pay. We'll need this info to verify who you are and match you with the correct company and paycheck info.
- Go to ViewMyPaycheck (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
- Click Sign Up.
- Sign up for an Intuit account. An Intuit account allows you to access multiple sites and products with one user ID and password.You'll be asked to provide an email address, a password, and a security question and answer, in case you need to recover your password.Note: If you already use an Intuit product, such as TurboTax, then you may already have an Intuit account. If you already have one, we'll prompt you to use that account to sign up for ViewMyPaycheck.
- Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company and then click All Done!
How do I set up ViewMyPaycheck for my employees?
- Run payroll in QuickBooks Online Payroll. Before employees can access their pay stubs in ViewMyPaycheck, you need to create paychecks in your QuickBooks Online Payroll account.
- Let your employees know they can access their paychecks online and send them these sign-up instructions (PDF).
Do I need to sign in with my Intuit account?
Why am I asked to confirm my account information?
Are there printable sign-up instructions for employees?
To access these instructions from your QuickBooks payroll account:
- Go to your employee's profile.
- To the right of the Email field, click Learn about ViewMyPaycheck. If you don't see the link, simply click the help icon (?) on the top right and enter "ViewMyPaycheck" into the search. The first article to appear is the same article linked to the Email field.
- Click Send this email and an email template will open in your default email program. Update the email address and text as needed. Then, send!
How do I set up my ViewMyPaycheck account to see pay stubs from another company?
Working in ViewMyPaycheck
What can I do in ViewMyPaycheck?
- ViewMyPaycheck itemizes current and year-to-date earnings and deductions so you always know how your paycheck was calculated and where your money is going.
- Need a printed copy of your pay stub? No problem. Click Save As PDF to save a PDF copy of it to your computer and then print it for your records.
- If you want to be notified any time a new pay stub is uploaded to ViewMyPaycheck, go to Preferences and click the Send me an email when new pay stubs are available checkbox.
The ViewMyPaycheck administrator dashboard has been disabled so employers can no longer set preferences for their employees. Employers can NO longer:
- Show or hide paychecks that dated in the future.
- Prevent employees from using ViewMyPaycheck to view their paychecks online.
- Invite others as ViewMyPaycheck administrators for your company.
Can I try it out first?
How do I get paycheck info from QuickBooks payroll to ViewMyPaycheck?
Can employees view paychecks from more than one company?
- Sign in to ViewMyPaycheck (https://paychecks.intuit.com/).
- Click the drop-down arrow in the upper-right corner of the ViewPaycheck window and choose View my paychecks from another company.
- Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add the company to ViewMyPaycheck.
Can I turn email notifications on or off?
Is there a mobile app?
What if I have questions about using ViewMyPaycheck?