E-file 940, 941, and/or 944 Federal Forms in QuickBooks Desktop
This article will provide you the instructions on how to conveniently file your 940, 941 or 944 Tax Forms electronically to IRS (Internal Revenue System) in QuickBooks Desktop.
To e-file your 940, 941, or 944 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop, you need:
- An active QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced subscription.
- A supported version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- An internet connection.
- The most recent payroll update.
- To change the filing method of the Federal forms to E-file.
- You are enrolled to the IRS e-File Program.
- The 10-digit PIN you obtained after enrolling to the IRS e-File Program.
To e-file Federal Forms 940, 941, and 944 in QuickBooks Desktop:
Go to Employees > Payroll Tax Forms & W-2s > Process Payroll Forms.
In the Payroll Center, go to File Forms tab.
Select the form you need to file from the list.
Click File Form.
Select the form filing period and click OK.
Review the forms and click Check For Errors. If needed, correct any errors.
Click on the Submit Form button.
Click on the E-File button and follow the on screen instructions to submit the form.