Add an EIN to existing QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced subscription
Requirements And Limitations:
- You must use the same registered copy of QuickBooks Desktop, on the same machine, to process payroll for all companies on a single payroll subscription.
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll can ONLY support one company data file per EIN. Attempts to use multiple company files under the same EIN and payroll subscription may cause errors.
- The contact information and payroll administrator for the payroll subscription will be the same for all companies you add to a single subscription.
- If you pay your employees with Direct Deposit (DD), you can have multiple companies (separate data files with different EINs) with DD on the same DIY Payroll subscription.
- Each QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service has a limit on the number of companies you can add to a single subscription. These limits are based on company data files, not number of employees.
|Service||Maximum number of EINS|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Standard||3|
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced||3|
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced for
|QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted||Each EIN is charged separately. Discounts apply for multiple companies|
To Add Another Company Or Ein To Your Subscription:
From the top menu bar, select Employees > Payroll > Use My Existing Payroll Service.
If you do not see the option, see The "Use my existing payroll service" option is not available.
In the Account Maintenance window, select Add File.
Select the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button.
- If you do not see your own subscription in the list, select Other: I have an existing subscription and a Zip Code and enter your information.
- If you do not see the Add to Subscription Number XXXXXXXXXX-[SUBSCRIPTION NAME] radio button, a payroll service has already been validated in the company file.
- If you wish to add the EIN under your own or current subscription and if you already have a service key in the file, contact us for help in moving the EIN to your current subscription.
When the Review Information window opens, click Next to add the company EIN for no additional charge.
Click Print, or Return to QuickBooks. A Validating Payroll Subscription window opens and the service is added automatically.
Verify the Service Key.
- From the top menu bar, select Employees > My Payroll Service > Manage Service Keys.
- Click View to display the new service key with an Active Status.
If you have this scenario, follow the instructions provided in the next topic.
If you purchased a subscription directly from Intuit prior to creating a payroll company file, follow the steps below:
- Get the service key of the EIN you are adding.
- From the top menu bar, select Employees > Payroll > Enter Payroll Service Key.
- Click Add and enter the service key as one number with no hyphens.
- If the company file already has the payroll service key in it click Edit instead of Add, and then enter the service key.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
If you need assistance in adding or moving an EIN to another QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard or Enhanced account subscription, Contact us.