Intuit Pay Card FAQs
Key dates in the transition to the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card. How to sign up employees for the new NetSpend card.
Effective April 12, 2013 The Bancorp Bank will discontinue all services in connection with the Intuit Pay Card. To continue with a pay card service, Intuit will be offering a new option that will allow you to deposit your pay to a NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card (except in Vermont).
See the FAQs below for more information about the transaction from Intuit Pay Card to the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card.
Key Dates to Remember:
|Notification of Card Closure to Employees||1/30/2013|
|Last Day to Submit Direct Deposit to Intuit Pay Card||3/11/2013|
|Stop Issuing Replacement Cards||2/28/2013|
|Bill Pay Shutdown||3/15/2013|
|Card Accounts Closed||4/12/2013|
|Issue checks for Remaining Balances||4/29/2013|
Why is my employee's card account being closed down?
Are you offering any alternatives to get a new account or new card?
When will the new cards be coming?
For existing cardholders, these new cards were mailed out via US Mail starting 2/11/13. These cards were sent to the mailing addresses on file for their Intuit Pay Cards. Please note that the NetSpend Card will not be available for employers in the state of Vermont.
For inquiries on card delivery status, please have your employee contact Intuit PayCard at (866) 692-9282 or NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card at (855) 967-2273. Please note that customer service will not be able to provide any information to anyone other then the employee who owns or signed up for the card. Information is treated in the same manner as any bank account information and is considered sensitive and confidential.
How long do my employees have to continue using their Intuit Pay Cards?
What if my employees use their Intuit Pay Cards to pay bills automatically each month?
How long do my employees have to avoid returned or rejected payments with Bill Pay?
Any payments attempted after March 15, 2013 will not be processed.
How do I sign up for a new NetSpend Card?
The card will be mailed directly to the new cardholder's mailing address provided.
Note: The issuing bank will be Bancorp. NetSpend does provide other Visa Prepaid Card solutions. For Intuit QuickBooks Payroll employers and employees, there is an Intuit specific NetSpend card replacing the old Intuit Pay Card. Please ensure you sign up for the Intuit specific NetSpend card through one of these two channels:
- Visiting www.netspend.com/intuit.
- Contact NetSpend Partner Services at 866.397.5643
Is there a cost to sign up for the new NetSpend Card?
Will I be charged direct deposit fees when I transition my employees to the new NetSpend Card?
What about my direct deposits going to my employee's Intuit Pay Card?
Once your employees receives and activates their new NetSpend Cards, they can provide you with new routing and account information that was included in their mailer. This information will be provided on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form included in the mailer your employees will receive.
- Note: This is not the 16-digit number on the card itself. Your employees will sign and complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form, turn it in this slip to you so you can update their account information in QuickBooks before March 11, 2013 to ensure they will continue to be paid with direct deposit to their new NetSpend Pay Cards.
Any direct deposits initiated to the Intuit Pay Card after March 11, 2013 will be rejected.
Are minors (people under the age of 18) eligible for the NetSpend Card?
A person must be at least 18 years old to activate the NetSpend card and be the primary accountholder. However, a minor 13 - 17 years old may be added as a secondary cardholder onto an existing NetSpend account.
Secondary Cardholders who are Minors: To add a minor onto an existing account, employers need to have the minor's parent or legal guardian contact a NetSpend Customer Care agent at (855) 967-2273. The NetSpend agent will ask that the parent or guardian send documents showing that they are either the parent or legal guardian of the minor.
NetSpend would need copies of either:
- The minor's current state-issued picture ID and SSN card, along with the minors current state-issued picture ID if the parent or legal guardian and the minor share the same last name and address. (NetSpend is unable to accept the minor s school-issued ID.); OR
- The minor's birth certificate and SSN card, along with the minors current state-issued picture ID and SSN card if the parent or legal guardian and the minor have a different last name or address.
- NetSpend will ask the cardholder to fax these documents to 1(866) 358-0526, attention to the reference number the NetSpend Customer Care agent will provide to you. Or, you can email NetSpend scanned copies at email@example.com.
What card should my employee receive in the mail?
How do I update my employees' account information to transfer their direct deposit to the new NetSpend Card?
- In QuickBooks, go to the Employee Center.
- Right-click on the employee name, and then select Edit Employee > Payroll & Compensation > Direct Deposit.
- Enter the new routing number and account number.
What information do I use to set up my employees NetSpend card in QuickBooks?
- Bank Name: The Bancorp Bank
- Account Type: Checking
- Routing Number: 031101169
- Account Number: Your employee will receive this in the mail. This number can also be retrieved through 855-397-5643 or by logging in to www.netspend.com
What if my employee does not have the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (with the new accounting and routing number) for me to update in QuickBooks?
Using NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card
How can my employees spend or get the money off their current Intuit Pay Cards?
What about other types of pay cards, does this change have any effect on cards other than the Intuit Pay Card?
What are the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card features?
|Online Account Center||Yes|
|$10 Purchase Cushion||No|
|Get Paid Faster||No|
|5% Savings Account||No|
What are NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card fees?
|Over the Counter (OTC) Cash Withdrawal Fee at a Visa Member Bank||No Cost (If applicable, there may be a Foreign Currency Conversion Fee. A fee may also be assessed by the financial institution and may vary from location to location.)|
|Other Domestic ATM||$2.50|
|ATM Transaction Decline||$1.00|
|ATM Balance Inquiry||$0.50|
|Live Agent Bal Inquiry||$0.50|
|IVR Balance Inquiry||Free|
For any questions about the the old Intuit Pay Card, how to sign up for new NetSpend card, or your direct deposit and payroll, please Contact Us.
If you have any questions about the new NetSpend Card, fees or how it works, contact NetSpend customer service line at the below numbers:
Employees #: 855.967.2273
Employers #: 866.397.5643