Intuit Pay Card FAQs
Intuit is partnering with NetSpend to offer the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card (except in Vermont) to our QuickBooks Desktop (Assisted, Basic, Standard and Enhanced), Intuit Online Payroll (IOP), QuickBooks Online (QBOP & QBFSP)and Intuit Full Service Payroll (IFSP) payroll customers. NetSpend is a leading prepaid debit card company in the US and has been in business for over 10 years, serviced over 7 million customers and has over 130,000 reload locations throughout the US, where cardholders can add money to the card.
Read below to learn how you can sign up and deposit your pay to a prepaid card.
How does the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card work?
If you are an employee and your company uses Intuit Payroll in QuickBooks desktop or IOP, QBOP, IFSP or QBFSP, you can order a NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card on www.netspend.com/intuit. Once the signed up, the employee will receive their personalized card to their home address within 7-10 business days.
When the employee receives the NetSpend card, the account and routing number will be provided on the materials. The employee must activate the card for use and provide their employer with the account and routing number. The employer will have to update their employee information with the new account and routing number in their payroll system to start paying their employees with direct deposit to their new card.
The card is a prepaid Visa debit card and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted.
Have more questions? Read below for some FAQs about the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card.
How do I sign up for a new NetSpend Card?
- If you have Assisted, Basic, Standard or Enhanced payroll using QuickBooks desktop, you can also sign up in the Payroll Setup inside of QuickBooks. From the Employees menu choose Payroll Setup. Choose your employee from the list and click Edit. Click Next until you get to the direct deposit information screen and click the Request New NetSpend Card button and follow the steps to complete the sign up.
The card will be mailed directly to the new cardholder's mailing address provided.
Note: The issuing bank will be Bancorp. NetSpend does provide other Visa Prepaid Card solutions. Please ensure you sign up for the Intuit specific NetSpend card through one of these two channels:
Is there a cost to sign up for the new NetSpend Card?
Will I be charged direct deposit fees on the NetSpend Card?
What card should my employee receive in the mail?
What do I do once my employee has activated their NetSpend Card?
- Note: This is not the 16-digit number on the card itself. Your employees will sign and complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form, turn it in this slip to you so you can:
- Assisted, Basic, Standard and Enhanced Payroll: update their account information in QuickBooks.
- IOP, QBOP, IFSP, & QBFSP: update their account information in your online acount.
Are minors (people under the age of 18) eligible for the NetSpend Card?
Secondary Cardholders who are Minors: To add a minor onto an existing account, employers need to have the minor's parent or legal guardian contact a NetSpend Customer Care agent at 855.967.2273. The NetSpend agent will ask that the parent or guardian send documents showing that they are either the parent or legal guardian of the minor.
NetSpend would need copies of either:
- The minor's current state-issued picture ID and SSN card, along with the minors current state-issued picture ID if the parent or legal guardian and the minor share the same last name and address. (NetSpend is unable to accept the minor s school-issued ID.); OR
- The minor's birth certificate and SSN card, along with the minors current state-issued picture ID and SSN card if the parent or legal guardian and the minor have a different last name or address.
- NetSpend will ask the cardholder to fax these documents to 866.358.0526, attention to the reference number the NetSpend Customer Care agent will provide to you. Or, you can email NetSpend scanned copies at email@example.com.
Can I track the delievery of the NetSpend card?
If you or your employee does not receive the NetSpend card in 7-10 business days, please call NetSpend: 855.967.2273 for card delivery information. Please note that customer service will not be able to provide any information to anyone other then the Employee who owns or signed up for the card. Information is treated in the same manner as any bank account information and is considered sensitive and confidential.
Updating your employee Direct Deposit information
How do I update my employees' account information to transfer their direct deposit to the new NetSpend Card?
Assisted, Basic, Standard and Enhanced Payroll:
- In QuickBooks, go to the Employee Center.
- Right-click on the employee name, and then select Edit Employee > Payroll & Compensation > Direct Deposit.
- Enter the new routing number and account number.
IOP, QBOP, IFSP & QBFSP:
- In your online account, click Employees.
- Next to the employee's name, under Pay Method, click DD.
- Enter the new bank account information.
- Click OK.
What information do I use to set up my employees NetSpend card?
- Bank Name: The Bancorp Bank
- Account Type: Checking
- Routing Number: 114924742
- Account Number: Your employee will receive this in the mail. This number can also be retrieved through 855.397.5643 or by logging in to www.netspend.com
What if my employee does not have the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form (with the new accounting and routing number) for me to update?
Using NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card
What are the NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card features?
|Online Account Center||Yes|
|Online Load Options||Yes|
|Online Financial Planners||Yes|
|3 Cardholders per account||Yes|
|FREE Online Banking||Yes|
|Online Checks and Money Orders||Yes|
|Comprehensive Bill Pay Options||Yes|
|Online Checks and Money Orders||Yes|
What are NetSpend Visa Prepaid Card fees?
|Over the Counter (OTC) Cash Withdrawal Fee at a Visa Member Bank||No Cost (If applicable, there may be a Foreign Currency Conversion Fee. A fee may also be assessed by the financial institution and may vary from location to location.)|
|Other Domestic ATM||$2.50|
|ATM Transaction Decline||$1.00|
|ATM Balance Inquiry||$0.50|
|Live Agent Bal Inquiry||$0.50|
|IVR Balance Inquiry||Free|
If you have any questions about the NetSpend Card, fees or how it works, contact NetSpend customer service:
Employers or Accountants