1099 E-File Service: General Information
This article provides information about the 1099 E-File service.
You need to file 1099s.
The 1099 E-File service makes it easy for small businesses to file 1099s electronically in minutes. With the 1099 E-File service you can skip the 1096 (not required when you e-file).
- QuickBooks 2012 - 2015 for Desktop
- Intuit Online Payroll
- Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants
- QuickBooks Online
Signup, pricing, and billing
How do I sign up for 1099 E-File?
How do I sign up and file for multiple filing companies?
How do I pay for the 1099 E-File?
How much does the 1099 E-file service cost?
Printing and filing 1099s
Do I still have to print my 1099s to give to the contractors or vendors, and where do I get 1099 paper?
How do I check the status of my filing?
You may return to your 1099 E-File account at the Intuit App Center and verify the status.
Below are the list of statuses and what they mean:
- Not Submitted: You haven't e-filed the Form 1099-MISC with the IRS. You can continue revising it.
- Submitted: You have already e-filed the form to the IRS. At this point, you can't revise it through our service (if you need to revise it, you'll need to file a manual amendment).
- Received by IRS: The IRS has received your form and is either processing it or has already processed and approved it. We will send an email about a week after the IRS accepts your forms.
Customers who have submitted their 1099 e-file forms will receive a confirmation email approximately a week after submitting their forms once the IRS starts accepting and confirming submissions.
Can I submit additional 1099s even after e-filing?
Can I manually file my 1099-Misc form?
What is a 1099-Misc form?
Do I need to file the 1099-Misc form?
- 1099-Misc: The contractor version of the employee's W-2. Reports all wages or payments delivered for the entire year. One 1099-MISC form is sent to each contractor who was paid $600 or more during the year.
- 1096: The single transmittal form the payer sends to the IRS. Reports all payments made to all contractors. For example, if a payer sends out fifteen 1099s for the year, the information from all fifteen 1099-Misc forms is captured onto the single 1096.
What Boxes on 1099-Misc form are supported by 1099 E-File?
- Boxes 1 to 10
- Boxes 13 and 14
The following boxes will NOT be supported:
- Boxes 11 and 12
- Boxes 15 to 18
Click here for 1099-Misc form specific instructions and box definitions.
For more information, see Intuit 1099 E-File Service - Frequently Asked Questions