1099 E-File service general information
This article provides information about the 1099 E-File service.
You need to file 1099s.
The 1099 E-File service makes it easy for small businesses to file 1099s electronically in minutes. With the 1099 E-File service you can skip the 1096 (not required when you e-file).
- QuickBooks 2012 - 2014 for Desktop
- Intuit Online Payroll
- Intuit Online Payroll for Accountants
- QuickBooks Online (New this year!)
When can I sign up for 1099 E-File?
When is the IRS deadline for contractors or vendors to receive their 1099-Misc form?
If you are reporting payments in Boxes 8 or 14 only, the deadline is February 18, 2014.
You may send a printed copy or email an electronic copy (PDF). For printed copies, the deadline date is the postmarked date.
What is the IRS deadline for e-filing?
What is the last day for me to view and print copies of the 1099-Misc form?
Signup, pricing, and billing
How do I sign up for 1099 E-File?
How do I sign up and file for multiple filing companies?
How much does the 1099 E-file service cost?
|No. of forms|
|Before Jan 18, 2014||Starting Jan 18, 2014|
|1-3||$12.99 total||$14.99 total|
|4-20||add $2.99/each||add $3.99/each|
|21+||no extra charge||no extra charge|
Example: 5 forms after Jan 17
Charge = $14.99 (includes 3 forms) + $7.98 (2 forms * $3.99/form) = $22.97
How do I pay for the 1099 E-File?
Printing and filing 1099s
Do I still have to print my 1099s to give to the contractors or vendors, and where do I get 1099 paper?
How do I check the status of my filing?
You may return to your 1099 E-File account at the Intuit App Center and verify the status.
Below are the list of statuses and what they mean:
- Not Submitted: You haven't e-filed the Form 1099-MISC with the IRS. You can continue revising it.
- Submitted: You have already e-filed the form to the IRS. At this point, you can't revise it through our service (if you need to revise it, you'll need to file a manual amendment).
- Received by IRS: The IRS has received your form and is either processing it or has already processed and approved it. This year, the IRS starts processing forms on the 3rd of February. We will send an email about a week after the IRS accepts your forms.
Customers who have submitted their 1099 e-file will receive a confirmation email approximately weeks after submitting their forms. For customers who submit their forms on or before February 3, 2014, they wont receive their confirmation email until the 3rd of February since the IRS does not start accepting and confirming submissions until after that day.
Can I submit additional 1099s even after e-filing?
Can I manually file my 1099-Misc form?
How do I access 1099 forms I've previously submitted?
What is a 1099-Misc form?
Do I need to file the 1099-Misc form?
- 1099-Misc: The contractor version of the employee's W-2. Reports all wages or payments delivered for the entire year. One 1099-MISC form is sent to each contractor who was paid $600 or more during the year.
- 1096: The single transmittal form the payer sends to the IRS. Reports all payments made to all contractors. For example, if a payer sends out fifteen 1099s for the year, the information from all fifteen 1099-Misc forms is captured onto the single 1096.
What Boxes on 1099-Misc form are supported by 1099 E-File?
- Boxes 1 to 10
- Boxes 13 and 14
The following boxes will NOT be supported:
- Boxes 11 and 12
- Boxes 15 to 18
Click here for 1099-Misc form specific instructions and box definitions.