Intuit QuickBooks Payroll News & Updates
Information on the latest payroll update and current year payroll news.
You have an active QuickBooks Desktop payroll subscription and a supported version of QuickBooks Desktop.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Desktop Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Desktop Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks Desktop payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21616, released September 15, 2016.
What's Included in Payroll Update 21616?
Tax Table Update
- Important Reminder: Additional Medicare Tax is still in effect for tax year 2016. If you are using a QuickBooks Desktop 2014-2016 version, please refer to the Additional Details section below, and select your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- This tax table includes new withholding tables for: Idaho.
- This tax table includes other changes for: Kentucky.
- An action is required for the following state: Kentucky.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was added for the following state: Michigan.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Lousianna, Missouri, Montana, and Ohio.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was removed for the following state: Michigan.
E-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-File & Pay changes in this Payroll Update.
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- 2015 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Desktop Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Desktop Tax Tracking Types
Supported State and Local Taxes
It's important to understand how QuickBooks Desktop supports various state and local taxes. Expand this section to learn more about which taxes are supported, how the taxes are applied and should changes occur during the tax year what actions, if any, are required on your part to set up or edit your employee and company payroll information in your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
State Unemployment Taxes
State Disability Taxes
Payroll Reporting Codes