Intuit QuickBooks Payroll News & Updates
Information on the latest payroll update and current year payroll news.
You have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription and a supported version of QuickBooks.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21408.
What's Included in Payroll Update 21408?
Tax Table Update
- Important Reminder: Additional Medicare Tax is still in effect for tax year 2014. You must have the Medicare Employee Addl Tax payroll item set up on high wage earners. Please refer to the details in the tab titled Tax Table.
- An action is required for the following state: Michigan
- This tax table includes new withholding tables for: Michigan and Wisconsin.
- For Standard and Enhanced payroll subscribers this Payroll Update contains federal forms that were updated: Form 941 & Form 941 for Reporting Agents, and Form 945A & Form 945A for Reporting Agents.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were added for the following states: Connecticut, Louisiana, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, and Wisconsin.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were removed for the following states: Connecticut, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
E-File and Pay Update
- For E-File & Pay, this Payroll Update includes e-filing options that were added for the following: Montana.
- For E-File & Pay, this Payroll Update includes e-filing options that were updated for the following: California.
- For E-File & Pay, this Payroll Update includes e-filing options that were removed for the following: Montana.
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- How Will The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) Impact Small Businesses?
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) Rebates
- Federal payroll: Changes for Year-End 2013 & Preparing for 2014
- 2013 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost for Tax Year 2014
Changes in QuickBooks Tax Tracking Types
Supported State and Local Taxes
It's important to understand how QuickBooks supports various state and local taxes. Expand this section to learn more about which taxes are supported, how the taxes are applied and should changes occur during the tax year what actions, if any, are required on your part to set up or edit your employee and company payroll information in your QuickBooks company file.
State Unemployment Taxes
State Disability Taxes
Payroll Reporting Codes
State Unemployment Insurance Special Assessments
Since unemployment has climbed over the past several years, many state trust funds have been depleted and have begun borrowing funds from the United States Department of Labor. Learn how this could impact your business, by clicking below:
Special Assessments for 2012 - 2014