Intuit QuickBooks Payroll News & Updates
Information on the latest payroll update and current year payroll news.
You have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription and a supported version of QuickBooks.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21608, released March 17, 2016.
What's Included in Payroll Update 21608?
Tax Table Update
- Important Reminder: Additional Medicare Tax is still in effect for tax year 2016. If you are using a QuickBooks 2013-2016 version, please refer to the Additional Details section below, and select your version of QuickBooks.
- This tax table includes other changes for: Massachusetts and Vermont
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes states forms that were added for the following states: Arizona, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Nevada.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were removed for the following states: Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Nevada.
E-File and Pay Update
- For payroll subscribers E-File & Pay, this update includes updated e-filing options for the following: Massachusetts.
- For E-File & Pay, this update includes e-filing options that were removed for the following: Massachusetts.
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- 2015 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2
States in General
Changes in QuickBooks Tax Tracking Types
Supported State and Local Taxes
It's important to understand how QuickBooks supports various state and local taxes. Expand this section to learn more about which taxes are supported, how the taxes are applied and should changes occur during the tax year what actions, if any, are required on your part to set up or edit your employee and company payroll information in your QuickBooks company file.
State Unemployment Taxes
State Disability Taxes
Payroll Reporting Codes