Intuit QuickBooks Payroll News & Updates
Information on the latest payroll update and current year payroll news.
You have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription and a supported version of QuickBooks.
What is a Payroll Update?
QuickBooks Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21516; released September 17, 2015.
What's Included in Payroll Update 21516?
Tax Table Update
- Important Reminder: Additional Medicare Tax is still in effect for tax year 2015. If you are using a QuickBooks 2013-2015 version, please refer to the Additional Details section below, and select your version of QuickBooks.
- An action is required for the following states: Alaska and Louisiana.
- This Payroll Update includes other changes for: Alaska and Louisiana.
- There are no form changes in this Payroll Update.
E-File and Pay Update
- There are no E-File & Pay changes in this Payroll Update
Summary of Past Payroll Updates
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- Federal Payroll: Year-End Preparation and Planning for a New Tax Year
- 2014 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Understanding the Affordable Care Act Employer Mandates
- Claiming and Reporting COBRA Credits after 2013
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost on Form W-2
States in General
District of Columbia
Changes in QuickBooks Tax Tracking Types
Supported State and Local Taxes
It's important to understand how QuickBooks supports various state and local taxes. Expand this section to learn more about which taxes are supported, how the taxes are applied and should changes occur during the tax year what actions, if any, are required on your part to set up or edit your employee and company payroll information in your QuickBooks company file.
State Unemployment Taxes
State Disability Taxes
Payroll Reporting Codes
State Unemployment Insurance Special Assessments
Since unemployment has climbed over the past several years, many state trust funds have been depleted and have begun borrowing funds from the United States Department of Labor. Learn how this could impact your business, by clicking below:
Special Assessments for 2015