Intuit QuickBooks Payroll News & Updates
Information on the latest payroll update and current year payroll news.
You have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription and a supported version of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Payroll provides payroll updates to QuickBooks Payroll subscribers. These updates provide the most current and accurate rates and calculations for supported state and federal tax tables, payroll tax forms and e-file and pay options. For more information about payroll updates, see Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about QuickBooks payroll updates.
The latest Payroll Update is 21316.
Summary of Payroll Update 21316:
Tax Table Update
- This tax table includes revised withholding tables for: Ohio.
- For the following state an action is required in Payroll Update 21316: Indiana.
- For Enhanced Payroll for Accountants payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes federal forms that were updated: Form 941 for Reporting Agents and Form 944 for Reporting Agents.
- For Standard and Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes federal forms that were updated: Form 941, Form 943, and Form 944.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was added for the following state: Iowa.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes state forms that were updated for the following states: California, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, and Oklahoma.
- For Enhanced payroll subscribers, this Payroll Update includes a state form that was removed for the following state: Iowa.
E-File and Pay Update
- For E-File & Pay, this Payroll Update includes e-filing and e-pay options that were added for the following: New Hampshire and New York.
Prior Payroll Update Summaries
The Payroll News section includes federal, state, or payroll related news articles that could affect your payroll.
- How Will The Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) Impact Small Businesses?
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) Rebates
- Federal payroll: Changes for Year-End 2013 & Preparing for 2014
- 2013 Federal Unemployment Tax Act (FUTA) Credit Reductions
- Social Security Administration W-2/W-3 Approval Letter
- QuickBooks Payroll: Additional Medicare Tax
- QuickBooks Payroll: Reporting Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Cost for Tax Year 2013
Tax Tracking Type Changes
Supported State and Local Taxes
It's important to understand how QuickBooks supports various state and local taxes. Expand this section to learn more about which taxes are supported, how the taxes are applied and should changes occur during the tax year what actions, if any, are required on your part to set up or edit your employee and company payroll information in your QuickBooks company file.
State Unemployment Taxes
State Disability Taxes
Payroll Reporting Codes
State Unemployment Insurance Special Assessments
Since unemployment has climbed over the past several years, many state trust funds have been depleted and have begun borrowing funds from the United States Department of Labor. Learn how this could impact your business, by clicking below:
Special Assessments for 2012 - 2014