When do direct deposits post?
This article explains the direct deposit processing timeline.
For payrolls transmitted at least 2 banking days from the check date:
As long as you transmit your payroll two banking days prior to the paycheck date, direct deposits are made available to the receiving bank as of 12:00 a.m. on the paycheck date. The funds are posted to the employee's account at the discretion of the receiving bank. Employees should contact their banks to learn the exact time that direct deposits are posted to their accounts.
|(X) days before the Check Date||Details|
|2 banking days||Before 5:00 p.m. Pacific time: |
* You can transmit additional payroll data with the same Check Date
* You can cancel transmitted payroll data with paychecks dated 2 banking days in advance
At 5:00 p.m. Pacific time: All payroll data received by Intuit, with paychecks dated 2 banking days in advance, are electronically sent to ACH (Automated Clearning House) for processing.
|1 banking day||Intuit will debit the employer's bank account. Debit can happen anytime within the day.|
See also Desktop payroll bank returns due to NSF
|0 banking days|
|Direct deposit funds are made available to the receiving banks as of 12:00 a.m. Pacific time. |
See also Direct Deposit rejected
For backdated payrolls:
If you transmit a backated payroll (i.e., the paychecks are dated less than 2 banking days in advance), then the direct deposits will post two banking days after the payroll is transmitted.
To confirm that Intuit received your payroll transmission:
Option 1: Check the Items Received by Intuit in the Send/Receive Payroll Data window.
- From Employees on the top menu bar, choose Send Payroll Data.
- In the Items Received area, look for payroll data confirmation of your payroll.
- Select the appropriate confirmation of the payroll and click View to see the confirmation details.
Option 2: Wait for the direct deposit email confirmation.
Option 3: View the current status of your payroll in the QuickBooks Payroll Service Account Maintenance page.
- Go to QuickBooks Employee menu > My Payroll Service > Account Info/Billing Information.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
- In the Direct Deposit section, click the View link next to Payroll History.
- Enter the direct deposit PIN, and click Continue.
- You may click Print to print the page, or you may click logout to close the page.