When do direct deposits post?
This article explains when to send your direct deposit paychecks and how to check posting status of your paychecks.
Payroll must be transmitted two days in advance
To avoid delays in availability of directly deposited funds, the payroll must be transmitted at least two banking days prior to the paycheck date, before 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time). If the payroll is transmitted with a backdated payroll (that is, if it isn't dated at least two banking days in advance), then the direct deposits will post two banking days after the payroll is transmitted.
Direct Deposit posting
Direct deposits are made available to the receiving bank as of 12:00 a.m. on the check date, as long as the payroll is transmitted two days earlier (as discussed below). The funds are posted at the discretion of the receiving bank. Employees should contact their banks to learn the exact time that direct deposits are posted to their accounts.
Intuit Payroll Services can't guarantee that direct deposit funds will be available in your employees' bank accounts by the paycheck date. Advise your employees to check with their banks to find out when funds are posted before they write checks against the payroll funds.
- Barring any Holidays, if payroll is dated for Friday and sent before 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on Wednesday, the direct deposits will post to the Employees' bank accounts on Friday.
- Barring any Holidays, if payroll is dated for Friday and sent before 5:00 p.m. (Pacific time) on Thursday, the direct deposits will post to the Employees' bank accounts on Monday. Payrolls sent late are also subject to a back-dating fee of $100.00 and can result in late tax deposits, tax penalties, amended tax returns (additional fees will apply), and W-2 form corrections (additional fees will apply).
To confirm that Intuit received your payroll transmission:
Option 1: Use the payroll Send/Receive Data window.
- From Employees on the top menu bar, choose Send Payroll Data.
- In the Items Received area, look for confirmation of your payroll transmission.
Option 2: Use your QuickBooks Payroll Service Account Information.
- Go to QuickBooks Employee menu > My Payroll Service > Account Info/Billing Information.
- If prompted, sign in using your Intuit Account login.
- In the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page locate Payroll History and click the View link.
- Enter the direct deposit PIN, and click Continue.
- You may click Print to print the page, or you may click logout to close the page.