Multiple types of forms available for printing W-2 forms
There are several form options for printing out your employees' tax forms in your Enhanced or Standard payroll subscription. Read below for W-2 and W-3 forms sources and printing information for QuickBooks.
Accessing W-2 and W-3 forms in QuickBooks
- Click Employees > Payroll Tax Form & W-2s > Process Payroll Forms.
- Select Federal Form. Click OK.
- Select W-3/W-2, enter the correct year. Click OK.
In QuickBooks 2014:
- Click Employees> Payroll Tax Form & W-2s > Process Payroll Forms.
- Select Annual Form W-2/W-3 - Wage and Tax Statement/Transmittal.
- Click File Form.
- Select the employees and filing period, and click OK.
Forms purchased from third-party vendors (including QuickBooks)
Note: You can purchase all-inclusive Form W-2 kits at the Intuit Marketplace.
Printing on blank paper
QuickBooks prints W-2 forms that comply with the guidelines outlined in IRS publication 1141: General Rules and Specifications.
Substitute W-2 and W-3 forms
QuickBooks payroll subscribers can print their W-2 forms on blank paper, even Copy A, which traditionally needs red ink. Our forms print in black, and both the IRS and the Social security Administration accept these forms.
QuickBooks payroll subscribers can also print their W-3 forms on blank paper. Your forms print in black, and both the IRS and the Social Security Administration accept these forms.
Note: The IRS requires that the Form W-2 copies that you provide to your employees be easy to separate or already separated. The Intuit Marketplace sells laser W-2 blank perforated paper and envelope kits for this purpose.