1099 E-File Service: QuickBooks Online setup, troubleshooting, & FAQs
Setup & Pricing
You are billed when you print or file your 1099-MISC forms. Early Bird discount pricing applies through 1/16/2015. For pricing info, see http://payroll.intuit.com/additional-services/1099/efile-1099/
On the top right, click Prepare 1099s.
The first step in preparing 1099 forms is to Set up Vendors and Accounts.
First, select the vendors that are eligible for 1099s. Then, assign the accounts used to make vendor payments to the appropriate boxes on the 1099 form.
The second step is to review your information. Make sure the correct Tax Year is selected and the vendor payment amounts are displayed and correct.
The third step in preparing 1099-MISC forms gives you the option to either E-File or print 1099 forms.
If you stopped at any point while verifying your 1099 information and wish to continue submitting your 1099 Forms, or if you want to add more 1099 Forms, follow the steps for returning to the 1099 E-File Service.
For new users:
1. Click Turn on Intuit E-file Service.
2. Click Get Started.
3. Click Import Information.
4. Verify your company information, and click Continue.
5. Enter your TIN (Tax Identification Number), and click OK.
6. Click Import Information.
7. Verify your 1099 Forms, and click Continue.
Printing & E-filing
8. Enter your billing information, and then click Approve.
9. Download your 1099 forms, and click Continue.
10. Click View to review the final form, and click Submit to send your 1099 Forms.
Screenshots after clicking on the different links:
- View status
- View past forms
- Company setting
Returning to the 1099 E-File Service:
1. Click Update information.
Notice that it will show the number of Forms in progress and Forms submitted.
2. Verify and select the 1099 Forms you need to submit, and click Continue.
6. Read your filing summary and be sure to follow the next steps.
- Provide the recipient with a corrected form.
- Prepare and file the applicable corrected forms to the IRS and state tax agency.
- Incorrect payer name and/or TIN: Section F (Electronic Reporting), subsection "Reporting incorrect payer name and/or TIN"
- Duplicate reporting or a large percentage of incorrect information: Section F (Electronic Reporting), subsection "Reporting incorrect payer name and/or TIN"
- Other errors: Section H (Corrected Returns on Paper Forms), and error chart on the page following the end of Section H
Can't sign in to Intuit App Center
- If you're not sure if you have an Intuit Account or the application says there is already an Intuit Account with your email address, use the Forgot User ID application.The Forgot User ID application retrieves any Intuit Account user IDs associated with the email address.
- If you don't remember the password set for your Intuit Account user ID, use the Forgot Password application to reset it.If you don't know the answer to the security question, contact support at 1.800.450.8475.