1099 E-File Service: QuickBooks Online setup, troubleshooting, & FAQs
Setting Up In Quickbooks Online
1. Prepare 1099 forms in QuickBooks Online.
1. Review company details.
2. On the top right, click Prepare 1099s.
3. Check you company details. Any changes you make will be saved to the Company Settings. Click the edit (pencil) icon to update the information. Click Next.
Enter your company details if it was not added initially. Click the edit (pencil) icon to add the information. Click Next.
2. Select 1099 vendors.
If an information is missing, click Edit to add the information and click Next.
3. Map 1099 accounts.
Select and map the 1099 categories to the QuickBooks account used to track the payments. Click Next.
4. Review 1099 vendors and payments.
Double check the categories and payments made to 1099 vendors for the selected year. Click Next.
5. File your 1099 Forms using the 1099 E-file Service or print and mail your forms.
To print and mail your forms:
2. Adjust the alignment by dragging the square to the place where it appears on your printout. Click Next.
3. Select vendors to print. Click Save.
4. Print your 1099 forms.
2. Turn on e-file service
1. Click Turn on Intuit E-file Service.
2. Click Get Started.
3. Click Import Information.
4. Verify your company information, and click Continue.
5. Enter your TIN (Tax Identification Number), and click OK.
6. Click Import Information.
7. Verify your 1099 Forms, and click Continue.
Printing & E-filing
3. Print or E-file your 1099 forms
8. Enter your billing information, and then click Approve.
9. Download your 1099 forms, and click Continue.
10. Click View to review the final form, and click Submit to send your 1099 Forms.
Screenshots after clicking on the different links:
- View status
- View past forms
- Company setting
Returning to the 1099 E-File Service:
1. Click Update information.
Notice that it will show the number of Forms in progress and Forms submitted.
2. Verify and select the 1099 Forms you need to submit, and click Continue.
6. Read your filing summary and be sure to follow the next steps.
- Provide the recipient with a corrected form.
- Prepare and file the applicable corrected forms to the IRS and state tax agency.
- Incorrect payer name and/or TIN: Section F (Electronic Reporting), subsection "Reporting incorrect payer name and/or TIN"
- Duplicate reporting or a large percentage of incorrect information: Section F (Electronic Reporting), subsection "Reporting incorrect payer name and/or TIN"
- Other errors: Section H (Corrected Returns on Paper Forms), and error chart on the page following the end of Section H
Can't sign in to Intuit App Center
- If you're not sure if you have an Intuit Account or the application says there is already an Intuit Account with your email address, use the Forgot User ID application.The Forgot User ID application retrieves any Intuit Account user IDs associated with the email address.
- If you don't remember the password set for your Intuit Account user ID, use the Forgot Password application to reset it.If you don't know the answer to the security question, contact support at 1.800.450.8475.