Set up and pay a commission-only employee
This article describes how to set up a commission-only employee.
You will know how to set up your payroll to pay an employee on a commission-only basis.
You have an employee on your payroll that you want to pay on a commission-only basis.
If you access the Employees tab from the top pane, follow the steps below:
1. Click Employees from the top menu.
2. Click to select the employee's name.
3. On the employee's overview page, in the Pay section, click Edit.
4. Under How much do you pay, click to select Commission Only.
5. Click OK.
To pay the employee:
1. Click Employees, then Payday.
2. Select the employee's pay schedule.
3. On the upper left, click the drop down for the Check type, select Commission checks and click Go.
4. Choose the appropriate settings. You can also select the Period Start and Period End Date.
5. Enter the amount of the commission in the box then click Create Paychecks then Approve Paychecks.
If you access the Employees tab from the left pane, follow the steps below:
1.Click Employees from the left pane
2. Click on the employee's name.
3. Click on the Pencil Icon beside Pay.
4. Under How much do you Pay, click on the dropdown and select Commission Only.
5. Click Done.
To pay the employee:
1. Click Employees from the left pane.
2. On the upper right, click on the dropdown under Run Payroll.
3. Choose Commission only. (You can only see this option if the Commission item is already set up for that employee.)
4. You can select between paper check and DD and add additional payroll options (supplemental rates, HSA, 401K, etc) by clicking the pencil icon beside Payroll options at the bottom of the screen.
- You can use supplemental rates and the system will determine which rate is used based on the YTD of the last paycheck.
- HSA and retirement deductions and contribution will be listed if an employee is setup for it.
- Once applied, changes will be saved.
Garnishments by default will be deducted. You can select a pay period start or end date.