Set up your Federal Forms 940, 941 and 944 for e-file in QuickBooks
This article provides the detailed instructions of the two tasks you have to complete and the IRS E-file Program approval process to be able to e-file your Federal Forms 940, 941, and 944 in QuickBoks:
What are the requirements to e-file Federal Forms 940, 941 and 944 in QuickBooks?
Why do I have to enroll to the IRS e-File Program?
You need to enroll to the IRS e-file program once only. If you have e-filed Federal Forms 940, 941 and 944 before using other channels or services, then you are already enrolled. You don't have to re-enroll and you can use the same 10-digit PIN to e-file in QuickBooks.
What information will be needed during the IRS e-File Program enrollment?
- Your 9-digit Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Your company legal name and address, which needs to exactly match with the company legal name and address on file with the IRS. You typically find this information on IRS correspondence sent to your company:
- The name, job title, email address, and phone number of the person the IRS can contact about your enrollment and your payroll tax filings. This person must be associated with your company and is authorized to sign the return. This should not be a third-party provider or accountant.
- An electronic signature. You need to provide the name and email address of the person who signs your payroll tax forms.
- An acceptable contacts who can serve as the authorized signer. To see who qualifies, view page 7 - 8 of IRS Pub 3823.
To change the filing method of your Federal Forms to e-file:
In QuickBooks, go to Employees > Payroll Center.
Open the QuickBooks Payroll Setup.
In QuickBooks 2013 and earlier supported versions:
In QuickBooks 2014:
At the bottom of the page, under Other Activities, click Change Filing Method.
In the QuickBooks Payroll Setup, click Continue.
Select Federal Form 940 from the list of forms and click Edit.
In the Filing Method options, select E-file and click Finish.
Check if the filing method of your Federal Form 940, 941 and 944 is already E-File and click Continue.
When you change the filing method of your federal forms to e-file, opens the e-File Enrollment window and walks you through the enrollment process.
If you are already enrolled to the IRS e-file program and have been provided with a 10-digit PIN, click Cancel and then Finish. You may now e-file forms 940, 941, and 944 in QuickBooks using your existing 10-digit PIN.
To enroll in the IRS e-file program:
Review the instructions on the e-file enrollment panel and then click Next.
Verify your EIN and enter your company's legal name and address, and then click Next.
Enter the name, job title, email address, and phone number of the person the IRS can contact about your enrollment and your payroll tax forms. This person must be associated with your company and not be a third party provider or accountant. Click Next.
Review the information in the summary window. If you need to modify the information, click Previous and make any necessary changes.
Click Send Information. After you send the information, click Next.
You will be back to the QuickBooks Payroll Setup. At the lower left of the window, click Finish.
IRS e-File Enrollment approval process:
When you submit your Form 940/941/944 (Form 94X) enrollment information, the following occurs:
- You send the enrollment information electronically.
- The secure filing system forwards the information to the IRS agency.
- The filing system sends you an e-mail that indicates the IRS has received your e-file enrollment request.
- The IRS will verify that your EIN, legal name, and the officer or employee of the company's contact information match their records.
- If everything matches, the agency sends a unique 10-digit PIN through to your company legal address. You'll need your PIN everytime you submit Form 94X. Store the PIN in a secure place.
NOTE: It can take up to 45 days to receive your 10-digit PIN in the mail from the IRS. If you have not received your 10-digit PIN after the 45-day timeframe has elapsed, you can check with the IRS at 1-866-255-0654.
- Please be sure you sign and return the PIN acknowledgement to the agency in a timely manner. If they do not receive it, your PIN may be disabled.
- If your enrollment is not accepted by the agency, you will be notified via mail by the IRS and provided with information on how to correct the enrollment. You may re-enroll.