1099 E-File Service: Sign up and use in QuickBooks Desktop
Intuit's 1099 E-File service is available in QuickBooks Desktop 2012 and later versions. With a few easy steps, you can e-file your 1099 misc form instead of filing them manually. QuickBooks will sync up to the 1099 e-file set up and download your data.
For information on pricing, billing and other related topics, click here.
- If you are a returning customer, and have started importing information from QuickBooks, or have already used the service last year, click here.
For new users of the 1099-Efile Service:
Complete the QuickBooks 1099 Wizard.
Create an Intuit Account.
To create an account:
- From The Intuit 1099 E-File Service, click Sign up.
Note: You may be promted to confirm your login if QuickBooks finds an Intuit Account attached to the QuickBooks data file, or if you are logged in to an Intuit website or application before, and you marked the Remember me checkbox. You may choose to Continue, Sign up a new account, or Sign in with another user.
- Verify your email address, and then click Continue.
- Complete the details required to create an Intuit Account, and click Sign Up.
- Sign in using the Intuit Account login you have just created.
Set up Intuit Sync Manager to sync data from QuickBooks to Intuit App Center.
Step 1 of 6: Verify Company Information
The information will be brought in from the QuickBooks data file. Complete any missing items, and then click Continue.
Step 2 of 6: Verify 1099 Forms
From the list of 1099 Forms, you can choose to select the form(s) you want to submit or select all, and then click Continue.
Step 3 of 6: Pay for service
Step 4 of 6: Download Your 1099 Forms
Step 5 of 6: E-File with the IRS
Step 6 of 6: Confirmation and Next Steps
Go to Vendors> Print/1099 E-File> 1099 and 1096 Wizard.
Click Use Intuit 1099 E-File Service.
Click Return to Service.
Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
If you can't remember your User ID or Password, follow these steps:
- Click Forgot your Password? or Forgot your User ID? link.
- Follow the steps to retrieve your Password or User ID.
- Try to log in again.
The next steps will depend on what you need to perform.
- If you have not imported any information yet for the year 2013, click the Import Information link.
- If you have already started importing 1099 data and you are returning to add more forms, click Update Information.
You may also select from any of the available options Download and print or E-file with the IRS depending on the task you need to perform.