Activating a payroll service purchased from a retail store
Did we answer all your Questions?
Yes  No  Not interested
You may have bought the QuickBooks Payroll in a box or purchased the payroll service from a retail store. Follow the steps in this article to activate the payroll service in your QuickBooks Financial Software if you have already registered your QuickBooks Software, and this is your first time to purchase an Intuit Payroll Service.
If you are a current user of a QuickBooks Payroll Service, or if you have an existing payroll subscription, and you just bought the payroll in a box from a retail store, please contact us.
To Activate The Payroll Service In Quickbooks:
In QuickBooks, go to Employees > Payroll > Install Payroll from Box.
Complete the fields in the Payroll License and Product Information page.
Complete the fields in the Payroll Company Legal Information section. All fields are required unless specified as optional.
Complete the fields in the Payroll Company DBA Information section.
Complete the fields in the Payroll Company Administration Information section.
Read the Subscription Information.
Log in to your Intuit Account.
Click the Start Payroll button in the Confirmation.
Check your e-mail for the service key you will enter in QuickBooks.
Enter your Federal Employer Identification No. (FEIN) in QuickBooks:
- In QuickBooks 2013 and earlier: Go to Company > Company Information.
In QuickBooks 2014: Company > My Company. Click the edit icon at the upper right.
- Enter your Federal Employer Identification No. in the Company Identification section.
- Click OK.
Enter the service key in your QuickBooks:
- From the top menu bar of QuickBooks, choose Employees > Payroll> Enter Service Key.
- Click Add.
- Enter the service key, and then click Yes.
- Click Finish. QuickBooks will download the latest tax table and verify the payroll subscription.