Request Direct Deposit limit increase for Assisted, Standard, Enhanced, and Basic Payroll
Security limits help protect you from fraudulent ACH activities by capping the amount you can send using our Direct Deposit or Vendor Payment services.
To request an increase to your current direct deposit limits, click here.
- Don't forget to choose the correct option, QuickBooks Desktop Direct Deposit or QuickBooks Desktop Vendor Limits for Assisted, Standard, Enhanced, and Basic Payroll.
Direct Deposit Limit Faq's:
Why did I receive a Direct Deposit/Vendor limit error message?
- The total of your company's Direct Deposits/Vendor exceed the maximum allowed in a 6-day period, or one or more of your employees has exceeded the maximum allowable Direct Deposit amount in a 14-day period to one bank account, which can include two or more employees that share the same bank account.
- You can have your Direct Deposit limits raised, or you can modify your payroll transmission so you are under the limit.
I have sufficient funds in my account. Why didn't my payroll go through?
- Intuit Payroll Services established limits for Direct Deposits to protect you from fraud.
- When one of our customers attempts to send a Direct Deposit that exceeds the established limits, Intuit Payroll Services assumes additional risk, so we require additional information to decide whether to approve a larger amount.
How do I raise the Direct Deposit limits on my account?
What is the turnaround time for my request?
- Requests are reviewed within 2 hours after it is entered. If it is after 3pm PST, please call Risk Management directly if the request needs to be processed the same day.
- Depending on the amounts and paperwork needed, you could be approved right away without paperwork. If signed forms are required, we do review updated cases each day.
Do I have another option if I don't want to raise my Direct Deposit limits or the limit increase is denied?
- Many companies exceed the limits only once or twice a year when they pay bonuses.
- Consider paying large bonuses by check instead of using direct deposit.
- See How do I create a bonus check? for detailed instructions.
- If you are a QuickBooks Assisted Payroll customer, Intuit makes the appropriate payroll tax deposits for your bonus paychecks.
What is the Request for Change in Security Limits Form, and how do I know what the limits should be?
Your Direct Deposit transactions are limited in 2 ways:
- Company limits determine the total amount of Direct Deposit transactions your company may process in a 6-day period (between the check date of the last payroll sent and the day you are sending another payroll to process).
- Employee limits determine the amount of Direct Deposit transactions for an individual employee in a 14-day period.
- Find the information you need to make an estimate. You can accurately estimate the amounts of the company and employee limits even without consulting a payroll report.
For example, if you know that Henry made the biggest bonus last year (about $3,000), that his net pay was just under $2,500, and that his normal take home pay is around $900, that's enough to complete the employee section of the form.
- If you don't feel confident that you can estimate the value accurately, look at a payroll summary report for the month in which you usually pay the most. This will be either when you pay large bonuses (employee limits) or when you have the largest number of employees (company limit).
What is the Request for Bank Rating and what does Intuit do with it?
- The Request for Bank Rating authorizes your financial institution to disclose information regarding your account history for the accounts you want us to take into consideration.
- Knowing the average historical balance in your account helps us determine whether your account is sufficiently funded for the Direct Deposit limits you are requesting.
- After submitting your request online, an email will be sent to you with the link where you can download and print the forms (inlcuding the bank rating form) required to increase your direct deposit limits.
What accounts should be included on the Request for Bank Rating form?
- Include all accounts you want us to consider.
- If you fund your payroll account only on payday, your average balance will likely be too low to support the increased Direct Deposit limit. In this case, also include the account(s) you use to fund your payroll account. That assures us that you generally have sufficient funds to cover Direct Deposits at increased limits.
What are my current direct deposit limits?