Correct a payroll schedule that shows in red
The payroll schedule showing in the Payroll Center is red. This can happen when you pay employees using unscheduled payroll instead of your normal payroll schedule or you entered the wrong dates on the payroll schedule setup.
To correct the payroll schedule so it doesn't appear in red:
Choose Employees > Payroll Center.
Open the Edit Payroll Schedule window.
- In the Payroll Center, click Related Payroll Activities > Add or Edit Payroll Schedules.
- In the Payroll Schedule List, double-click the payroll schedule showing in red.
QuickBooks 2014 or later:
- In the Payroll Center click the Pay Employees tab.
- Under Create Paychecks click to select (highlight) the Payroll Schedule in red you would like edit.
- Click the Payroll Schedules drop-down menu and choose Edit Schedule.
Change the two date boxes on the bottom to the next pay period end date and check date.