Direct Deposit requirements, signup, and activation
You can run payroll and pay your employees through direct deposit in QuickBooks. To have this service, you to sign up and activate this feature in QuickBooks.
To sign up for Direct Deposit, you must meet the following requirements:
- A currently supported version of QuickBooks
- An active QuickBooks payroll subscription
- A federal Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Internet access
- A bank account that can handle Automated Clearing House (ACH) transactions
To sign up for direct deposit:
From Employees menu, select My Payroll Services, and choose Activate Direct Deposit.
Complete and review the form. When asked for zip code in the legal company information, enter the 5 digits only without the extension.
At the bottom of the page, click the View agreement link and read it.
Select the I have read and agree to the terms of the service agreement checkbox.
Click the Sign-up button.
Print the Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
The guide contains the following forms and materials that new subscribers must complete before you can begin paying your employees using Direct Deposit:
- Instructions for completing the bank account verification process
- Instructions for processing payroll with Direct Deposit paychecks
- An authorization for Direct Deposit for your employees
- A list of Federal Reserve holidays to use in calculating lead times for payroll processing
- Go to the Help menu and choose QuickBooks Help.
- Click the Search tab and search for Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
- Select the topic Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
- Click on Click Here link to download the Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
Click the Return to QuickBooks button at the bottom.
Complete and follow the Direct Deposit Getting Started Guide.
- You must transmit payroll information to Intuit before 5:00 p.m. Pacific time at least 2 business banking days before the check date.
- You can send Intuit your payroll information up to 45 days in advance of check date.
- Direct Deposit requires Internet access. Your QuickBooks software and Direct Deposit provide a protected Internet connection that guards against unauthorized access to your payroll data while it s being transmitted.
- Direct Deposit can be delivered to an Intuit paycard.