Edit scheduled payroll dates and pay frequency
Follow the steps below to edit the paycheck dates or frequency on a payroll schedule. By using the Payroll Schedule List, all employees with this pay schedule can be quickly edited at once and placed on the same schedule.
To edit your payroll schedule:
Open the Edit Payroll Schedule window.
- In the Payroll Center, click Related Payroll Activities > Add or Edit Payroll Schedules.
- Select a schedule from the Payroll Schedule List.
- Click the Payroll Schedule button, and select Edit Payroll Schedule.
- In the Payroll Center click the Pay Employees tab.
- Under Create Paychecks click to select (highlight) the Payroll Schedule you would like edit.
- Click the Payroll Schedules drop-down menu and choose Edit Schedule.
In the Edit Payroll Schedule window, edit the name of your payroll schedule.
Edit how often you will pay your employees on this schedule.
Edit your pay period end date.
Edit the date that should appear on paychecks for this pay period.
Note: The drop-down includes an option for last day of the month to accommodate months that have fewer days than others (e.g., February).
If you pay your employees either monthly or semi-monthly, you will need to complete a few additional fields. E.g., for Semi-monthly:
- Edit the day that should appear on paychecks for the second pay period of the month.
- Edit the day that should appear on paychecks for the first pay period of the month.
When finished, click OK until you return to the Payroll Center.