Send payroll and Direct Deposit paychecks
After creating paychecks, if you have Assisted Payroll, Basic or Enhanced Payroll with Direct Deposit, you must send your paychecks to Intuit.
Intuit recommends you switch to Single-user Mode, before sending. Switch back to Multi-user Mode when the transmission has completed.
You have an active payroll subscription and would like to transmit your created paychecks.
Intuit Payroll Services will receive your payroll.
To send your Payroll to Intuit:
Be sure you are in Single-user Mode.
Access the Send/Receive Data window.
- QuickBooks Pro and Premier:
- Click the Employees drop-down menu and select Send Payroll Data.
- QuickBooks Simple Start:
- Click Payroll at the top toolbar. You can also access this from the Home Page by clicking the Payroll icon and selecting Go to the Payroll Center.
- Click the Related Payroll Activities button and select Send Payroll Data from the drop-down menu.
In the Send/Receive Payroll Data window, review the following information in the Items to Send area:
- The paychecks to be processed.
- Taxes and Direct Deposit (if applicable) amounts.
- The funds to be withdrawn from your account. (The amount shown does not include applicable fees.)
- Any changes in your payroll information. For detailed information about each item, select the item in the Items to Send list, and click View.
Enter your Payroll Service PIN then click OK.
When the transmission is complete, you will return to the Send/Receive Data window. Under Items Received, click View to view important payroll messages or Confirmation Reports. While viewing the item, click Print to print the report or message.
Click Close to close the Send/Receive Data window.
To check if payroll was received by Intuit:
Note: Individual financial institution policies determine the exact time direct deposits are posted. Intuit cannot guarantee that direct deposit funds will be available in bank accounts of employees by the paycheck date. Advise your employees to check with their banks to find out when funds are posted. See When do direct deposits post? for more information.