Create a payroll summary report
Follow the steps below to create a Payroll Summary Report in QuickBooks.
What is included in a Payroll Summary report:
- Employee wages, taxes, and adjustments
- Employee sick and vacation time
- Net Pay
- Employer taxes and contributions
The dates in this report will pull by paycheck dates only, not pay period dates.
To create a payroll summary report:
From the QuickBooks menus at the top, click Reports > Employees & Payroll > Payroll Summary.
Set a date range.
- From the Dates drop-down list, select a date range, or
- In the From and To fields, enter a date range.
Click Refresh or anywhere on the report.
If you want to, remove the Hours and/or Rate columns.
- Click Customize (or Modify) Report.
- In the Display window, click to clear the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes, and then click OK.
You can also add pay periods under the Filters tab.
QuickBooks 2013 and higher: To print the Payroll Summary, click Print > Report.
QuickBooks 2012: Click Print.
If you want to, change the printer settings, and click Print.
To run a report for a specific employee in QuickBooks:
- From the home page, click Employee Center.
- On the left side, select the employee you want to run the report for.
- In the upper right corner, select the report you would like to run:
- Payroll Summary
- Paid Time Off
- Payroll Transaction Detail
- Enter the dates you need.
- Change printer settings, if necessary, then click Print.
To export a payroll summary report to Excel in QuickBooks:
- In the report, click the Excel dropdown arrow.
- Select Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet.
- If you select Update Existing Worksheet, click the Browse button to choose the workbook.
- Click the Advanced button. The Advanced Excel Options window opens.
- Clear the Space between columns checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Export.