How to create a union dues payroll item
Did we answer all your Questions?
Yes  No  Not interested
You can set up and track a Union Dues payroll item with your QuickBooks Financial Software.
Once the payroll item is created, you can add the item to the employee profile or paycheck to deduct the amount owed from the employee pay. Once deducted, you can create a liability check to the agency.
You know the amount of dues you need to collect and pay, and you will make the payment yourself.
You may have to create muliple payroll items for multi-rate and reporting purposes.
- From the Lists menu, click Payroll Item List.
- Click the Payroll Item button and click New.
- Select Custom Setup, and click Next.
- From the Payroll Item Type window, select Deduction (Union Dues, 401(K) deferral, Simple IRA) and click Next.
- Enter a name for the deduction, e.g., "Union Dues," and click Next.
- Enter the correct information in the Agency for employee-paid liability window, and click Next.
- Click the Tax tracking drop-down arrow and select:
- None if you do not want the item to appear on tax forms.
- Other if you want the amount to report in Box 14 of the W-2.
- Click Next until you get to Calculate based on Quantity.
- Select the option to calculate based on hours or quantity if you need this to calculate on paycheck.
- Follow the on-screen instructions until you click Finish.