Open a QuickBooks company file
Did we answer all your Questions?
Yes  No  Not interested
You can open a company file when you open QuickBooks or open a different company file while you are working in QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks company file you want to use is closed.
You will open the QuickBooks company file.
To open a closed QuickBooks company file:
If you open QuickBooks and the No Company Open window appears, use one of several methods to open the company file.
- In QuickBooks Pro or Premier, click the Open or restore an existing company button, select Open a company file, and click Next. Select the company file, or browse to the folder containing the company file, and click Open.
- Double-click the company file in the Select a company that you've previously opened, and click Open list.
- Click once on the company file in the Select a company that you've previously opened, and click Open list, and then click Open.
If you are working in QuickBooks and the wrong company file is open, open a different company file.
- Choose File > Open Company.
- Select the company file or browse to the folder containing the company file.
- Click Open.