Error: "QuickBooks was unable to validate your payroll subscription"
When you enter your service key, get an update, or send a payroll for direct deposit, one of the following error message appears:
- QuickBooks was unable to validate your payroll subscription.
- Error 552: We are having difficulty validating your account.
There are several possible causes for the error:
- You may not be using the current release of QuickBooks.
- Your tax tables may not be up to date.
- Your computer may not be set to the correct date and time.
- If you are using QuickBooks Direct Deposit, you may have entered a service key that can't be used to make a deposit.
Your payroll subscription will be validated.
You are signed up for a payroll service and are validating your payroll subscription.
To resolve the error message:
Restart your computer
Reset QuickBooks updates.
Verify that your computer's date and time are accurate.
Verify that your payroll service key is accurate.
- Choose Employees > My Payroll Service.
- Select Manage Service Key.
- Click Edit and verify that the service key is correct.
- Click Next > Finish. This will download a payroll update.
If you are still unable to get payroll updates, try the following:
- Send a payroll or update your payroll from another computer.
- Update your payroll using a test company file:
- Create a new test company file using the original EIN.
- Enter the service key into the file to download payroll updates.
- Verify that the test company has the latest tax table update.
- If you are successful, go back to the original company file and download a payroll update.