Install QuickBooks after downloading
After you download QuickBooks from the Intuit website, you can install the program.
You will successfully install QuickBooks.
You have successfully downloaded QuickBooks.
To install QuickBooks:
To prevent other programs with interferring with the QuickBooks install, restart your computer in Selective Startup mode.
- Open the Run window:
- Windows 7 or Vista: Click the Windows Start button and select All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- Windows XP: Click the Windows Start button and select Run.
- Enter msconfig in the Open field.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the General tab
- Select the Selective Startup radio button.
- Select the Load System Services checkbox.
- Clear the Load Startup Items checkbox.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Disable All button to clear all selected services.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- In the Service list, verify the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If it isn't, select it.
- Click OK.
- Click the Restart button in the System Configuration window to restart your computer.
Go to the location where QuickBooks was saved when you downloaded, and double-click the QuickBooks executable file (for example, QuickBooksPro2011.exe).
- If you saved QuickBooks to your desktop, locate the file on your desktop.
- If you saved QuickBooks to another location, right-click the Windows Start button and choose Explore, and then browse to that location.
After the QuickBooks installation program starts, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.