Install QuickBooks after downloading
After you download QuickBooks from the Intuit website, you can install the program.
To install QuickBooks:
To prevent other programs with interferring with the QuickBooks install, restart your computer in Selective Startup mode.
- Open the Run window:
- Windows 8: Click the Windows button + R key.
- Windows 7 or Vista: Click the Windows Start button and select All Programs > Accessories > Run.
- Windows XP: Click the Windows Start button and select Run.
- Enter msconfig in the Open field.
- Click the OK button.
- Click the General tab
- Select the Selective Startup radio button.
- Select the Load System Services checkbox.
- Clear the Load Startup Items checkbox.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Disable All button to clear all selected services.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
- In the Service list, verify the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If it isn't, select it.
- Click OK.
- Click the Restart button in the System Configuration window to restart your computer.
- Windows 8: Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings.) Tap or click Power, and then tap or click Restart.
Go to the location where QuickBooks was saved when you downloaded, and double-click the QuickBooks executable file (for example, QuickBooksPro2014.exe).
- If you saved QuickBooks to your desktop, locate the file on your desktop.
- If you saved QuickBooks to another location, right-click the Windows Start button and choose Explore, and then browse to that location.
After the QuickBooks installation program starts, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
When the installation is complete, reboot your computer into normal mode. (If it opens again in Selective Startup, open the Run window and run the msconfig file. Choose Normal startup.)