Pay a salaried employee holiday pay
You want to track holiday pay (or floating holiday pay) separately from sick or vacation pay.
You will have created a payroll item for Holiday Pay you can add to a paycheck.
You have an active payroll subscription, have created an employee and would like to create a payroll item for Holiday Pay.
Add a new payroll item.
- On the top menu bar, click Lists.
- Click Payroll Item List.
- In the lower left corner, click Payroll Item.
- Click New.
Define the new payroll item as Holiday Pay.
- Click Custom Setup, and click Next.
- Click Wage, and click Next.
- Click Annual Salary, and click Next.
- Click Regular Pay, and click Next.
- In the Name used in paychecks and payroll reports field, enter Holiday Pay, and click Next.
- Choose an expense account from the menu. The default is Payroll Expenses.
- Click Finish.
Create your paycheck.
- In the Earnings section of the paycheck, add the Holiday Pay item.
- For Regular Salary and Holiday Pay, enter the hours worked. For example, on a biweekly payroll, enter 72 hours for regular salary and 8 hours for holiday pay. QuickBooks automatically adjusts the pay for each item.