Pay a salaried employee holiday pay
Did we answer all your Questions?
Yes  No  Not interested
You want to track holiday pay (or floating holiday pay) separately from sick or vacation pay.
You will have created a payroll item for Holiday Pay you can add to a paycheck.
You have an active payroll subscription, have created an employee and would like to create a payroll item for Holiday Pay.
Add a new payroll item.
- On the top menu bar, click Lists.
- Click Payroll Item List.
- In the lower left corner, click Payroll Item.
- Click New.
Define the new payroll item as Holiday Pay.
- Click Custom Setup, and click Next.
- Click Wage, and click Next.
- Click Annual Salary, and click Next.
- Click Regular Pay, and click Next.
- In the Name used in paychecks and payroll reports field, enter Holiday Pay, and click Next.
- Choose an expense account from the menu. The default is Payroll Expenses.
- Click Finish.
Create your paycheck.
- In the Earnings section of the paycheck, add the Holiday Pay item.
- For Regular Salary and Holiday Pay, enter the hours worked. For example, on a biweekly payroll, enter 72 hours for regular salary and 8 hours for holiday pay. QuickBooks automatically adjusts the pay for each item.