When printing from QuickBooks, the Printer Setup window does not open
After choosing File > Printer Setup, the Printer Setup window does not open. It appears as though QuickBooks is not functioning.
There can be several causes of this problem:
- The Printer Setup window can be opening off-screen.
- The Intuit internal printer is selected as the default printer.
- The Qbprint.qbp file is damaged.
- A QuickBooks application file is missing or damaged.
Your printer is installed, turned on, and plugged in to your computer.
You will be able to print from QuickBooks.
Depending on the cause, one of steps below will resolve your issue. After each one, check to see if the Printer Setup window appears before proceeding.
Run the Print and PDF Repair Tool.
Hold down the Shift key while selecting File and Printer Setup.
Reset the default printer in Windows.
- From Start button, select Settings (or Control Panel) > Printers and Faxes.
- From the Printers and Faxes dialog window, right click on a working printer.
- Select Set as Default Printer. Close the Windows Printer and Faxes window.
- Open QuickBooks and open the Printer Setup window to verify changes.