Sick and/or vacation time not accruing on paychecks
When you create paychecks for your employees, vacation and sick time does not accrue, even though you set it up to accrue.
Your employees' paychecks will reflect vacation and sick time accrued.
You set up a payroll item for vacation or sick time.
Sick and vacation may not appear to accure for the following reasons:
- Payrolls items on the paycheck are not correct
- Sick/vacation accruals are incorrect
- Vacation or sick hours available.
- Hours used in the year
- Accrual period
- Hours accrued is entered
- Maximum number of hours is entered
- Reset hours during new year is not checked (for employees whose vacation hours carry over to the next year)
- Start date of the accrual is correct
To determine how you set up the payroll item:
- Choose Lists > Payroll Item List.
- In the Payroll Item List, double-click the payroll item used to pay sick/vacation. The Edit payroll item window will open.
- Look to the top of the the Edit payroll item window for the blue tool bar. The type of payroll item created will be noted before the name of the payroll item. For example:
- (Sick Hourly Rate: XXXX)
- (Hourly Wage: XXX)
- Verify the type of payroll item is correct. If the item is incorrect, use a different or create a new payroll item.
To check the employee profile:
- In QuickBooks, click Employees > Employee Center.
- Double-click the employee's name to edit the information.
- QuickBooks 2012: Click the Change Tabs dropdown button and select Payroll and Compensation info.
QuickBooks 2013: click Payroll Info tab.
- Click the Sick/Vacation button. The Sick and Vacation window will open.
- Verify and adjust the data as needed.