E-File Forms button is grayed out
You try to E-File a payroll form but the E-File Forms button is grayed out.
You will verify the status of your Enhanced Payroll subscription and the E-File forms button will no longer be grayed out.
You have an active and validated Enhanced Payroll subscription.
Before you can E-File your forms, you must do the following:
Verify your subscription is active.
Verify the Filing Method for forms is set to E-file.
- In QuickBooks, go to Employees> Payroll Center.
- In the File Tax Forms, click Related Form Activities > Edit Filing Methods.
In QuickBooks 2014: In the Payroll Center, go to the File Forms tab. At the bottom, from the Other Activities list, click Change Filing Method.
- Highlight the tax you want to review, and click Edit to open the Filing Methods window.
- Change the Filing Method to E-file if necessary.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat step 3 to change the Filing Method for any of the other forms, if necessary.
- Click Finish Later.
Verify that the form has been reviewed.
Click the Check for Errors button and resolve any errors displayed at the top of the form.
If you are subscribed to Enhanced Payroll for Accountants and is filing your form as Reporting Agent, verify that you selected this option when opening the form.
Click the Submit Form button. The E-File Forms button should already be available.