You are downloading a payroll or QuickBooks update and receive the following error:
Error 17377: IC UDD unpack error
Your computer is connected to the Internet.
You will be able to connect to the Internet with QuickBooks.
Make sure you are logged in to Windows as Admin.
Check your computer's Internet connection.
- Open Internet Explorer and connect to a web site that you do not normally connect to. Sometimes this action displays a prompt asking you to connect to the Internet.
- If you cannot connect to the Internet, contact your Internet service provider, or ISP, because the problem is not just QuickBooks.
- If you can connect to the Internet, with Internet Explorer open, try to download the update.
- Ensure Internet Explorer is your default browser.
- Configure Internet Explorer settings.
Check the QuickBooks Internet connection.
If you are using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 turn off the User Account Control.
If the procedure does not resolve the issue, start Windows in safe mode with networking and try downloading the update again.
To help Intuit gather more information about this error, follow these steps.
- In QuickBooks, press Ctrl+1. Press Ctrl+2.
- Click the Open File (or Tech Help) tab.
- Select the Channel.log file.
- Click the Send Log Files To Intuit Support button. A window appears, prompting you for a case number. Enter no case. Click OK.