Verify and Troubleshoot QuickBooks and Internet Explorer settings
You are having difficulty updating payroll or performing tasks that require:
- Internet Explorer settings to be changed
- Internet Explorer to be repaired
You will be able to connect to the Internet with QuickBooks.
Your computer can connect to the Internet outside of QuickBooks.
Verify Internet Explorer Settings:
Make Internet Explorer the default browser.
Verify that your computer date and time is correct.
- In the system tray, double-click the time display.
- In the Date and Time Settings window, verify the current date and time and modify, if necessary.
- Click Time Zone and choose the appropriate time zone.
Check the Cipher Strength.
- Click Help.
- Select About Internet Explorer.
Update Settings by selecting Tools and then Internet Options.
- Click on Tools and then Internet Options.
- On the General tab, select Delete to remove temporary files, history, and cookies.
- On the Connections tab, select LAN settings.
a. Mark the checkbox next to Automatically Detect Settings.
b. Make sure Proxy servers are blank, unless you use one.
Note: You may need to check with your IT administrator.
c. Choose Ok twice.
- On the Advanced tab, go about 3/4 of the way down the list.
a. Make sure both SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked.
b. If marked, please clear the box next to Check for publisher's certificate.
Troubleshoot in QuickBooks:
Verify your subscription is active.
Reset the QuickBooks update.
Verify the payroll service key is accurate.
- Choose Employees and My Payroll Service.
- Select Manage Service Key.
- Click Edit and verify the service key is correct.
- Click Next and Finish. This will get a payroll update.
Restart your computer.
End the Qbwebconnector.exe file in the Task Manager.
- Open Task Manager, by selecting Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Locate and select Qbwebconnector.exe and click End Process.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, you may want to: