Change Direct Deposit Primary Principal
When you sign up for the QuickBooks Direct Deposit Service, you submit your company information including the:
- Company Owner
By default, the Company Owner is listed as the Primary Principal of your direct deposit account. For security purposes, all changes to your account (ex: bank account change, PIN change, etc.) that require a completed form or request letter must be signed by Primary Principal.
For companies owned by more than one individual, the Primary Principal should be the authorized signer of the bank account for payroll.
- Payroll Administrator
Communications about your payroll transactions (ex: direct deposit confirmation, rejects, notice of change, etc.) are emailed to the Payroll Administrator.
- Listed principal is no longer with the company.
- Board members or company officers have changed.
- Authorized bank signors have changed.
To request to change the primary principal:
Accomplish the following requirements:
- Completed Primary Principal Change form.
- A request letter signed by all principals on the company letterhead explaining reason for principal addition or change.
- Photocopy of the new principal's government issued ID.
Create a case and upload your document and signed form to Intuit. Follow the on-screen instructions.
To add a Secondary Principal, click to expand:
- Accomplish the following requirements:
- Completed Primary Principal Change Form.
- A request letter signed by the primary and secondary principal on the company letterhead stating that they will be adding another principal.
- Photocopy of the primary and secondary principals' government issued ID.
- Create a case and upload your documents and signed form to Intuit.
Processing takes 3 to 5 business days from the date the complete requirements are received. Please wait for an email confirming the status of your request.
Incomplete documents might delay Intuit's ability to process your request.