Renew or reactivate your payroll service
As long as your billing information is current, and you have the supported version of QuickBooks, Intuit will automatically renew your QuickBooks Payroll subscription.
Manual renewal may be required if there is an expired credit card on the account.
You have initially subscribed to a Do-It-Yourself (Enhanced, Standard, Basic) payroll service, and needs to renew the service.
You will be able to renew your payroll service and turn on its features in QuickBooks.
- You are the Primary Contact on the account.
- You have an existing Intuit Account.
- You are not subscribed to the disk delivery service.
To renew your payroll subscription in QuickBooks:
In QuickBooks, go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Accounts/Billing Information.
Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
In the Service Information section, click the Not Active link next to Service Status.
Make sure your payroll service is listed then click Proceed to Checkout.
Select a Payment Method, update or add your payment information. Then click Submit.
Hang on... you're almost there! Click Place Order.
Lastly, select Next and then Return to QuickBooks.
- Auto-renewal - your payroll service is a subscription that renews automatically, and your credit card or bank account will be automatically debited at the start of each subscription term.
- Price - the cost of your subscription will appear in the Subscription Renewal window. An order confirmation or an invoice notification will be sent to the Primary Contact of your company/account upon reactivation or renewal.
- QuickBooks software license agreement
- Activating a payroll service purchased from a retail store
- Payroll disk delivery subscription status shows update, although the latest tax table is installed
- Subscription is inactive, expired, needs reactivating or a credit card update required
- Intuit Account Name Change
- Change legal name and address of your company in QuickBooks Pro or Premier
- Error 23005
- QuickBooks Discontinuation FAQ