Update credit card information for your QuickBooks Payroll subscription
Did we answer all your Questions?
Yes  No  Not interested
What will be billed or charged to my credit card?
- Subscription Fee - debited at the start of each subscription term (Annual or Monthly).
- Per Employee Fee - depends on the number of employees that you pay at least once in a month and is debited the following month. Example: The per employee fee for the employees paid in January will be debited on your billing day of the following month (February).
To know more about your subscription, see QuickBooks Payroll Service Features.
The notice prior to the renewal and upon the renewal of the payroll service is emailed to the billing contact. The purchaser of the payroll service is initially listed as the billing contact. To change the billing contact of your account, please contact us. Visit www.payroll.com/contactus, select Account, and click View Contact Info.
Who can view and update my credit card?
- You are an existing and listed contact of the account. If this is your first time to perform this task and/or you are not yet listed as a contact, you must be invited to join the account by an existing contact.
In QuickBooks, for security purposes, only the billing contact can view the current credit card information on file and can update the information when necessary. All other contacts added or invited to the account can add or update only the current credit card information on file.
In Intuit Account, only the billing contact can view and update the current credit card information on file.
- You have an Intuit Account login. Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords so each contact will need an Intuit Account login.
- If you have Enhanced Payroll Plus, Assisted Payroll Plus, Enhanced PAP, the disk delivery service, or if you are currently using EFT, update your information in your Intuit Account. You cannot view or update your credit card information in QuickBooks.
Go to Employees > My Payroll Service > Accounts/Billing Information.
Sign in using your Intuit Account login. This will open the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page. If you need assistance in signing in, see Intuit Account login help for QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
In the Annual Billing Details section, the level of information and the option/link you see depend on your role:
Right after updating your credit card information, you can go back here and view the updated information.
Change Payment link
Note: The Holder is the name on the credit card but not necessarily the billing contact. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us. Visit www.payroll.com/contactus, select Account, and click View Contact Info.
Add Credit Card link
If the Annual Billing Details section does not show the credit card information and you see the Add Credit Card link, it means you have not entered a credit card information and may be using EFT.
- Click the Add Credit Card link to enter your credit card information.
- If you are using EFT, close the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page, and then go to your Intuit Account to update your EFT information.
Right after adding your credit card information, you can go back here to view or edit the credit card information you have added.
Enter your new credit card information, and then click Continue.
Review the Annual Renewal Date and the Annual Fee.
Click the Log Out link at the upper right, and close the page.
You have just updated or added the credit card information for your payroll service.
Sign in to your Intuit Account. If you need assistance signing in, click the Sign In help page link in the sign in page.
At the left of the Account Information section, verify that you are opening the correct company. If you have more than one company, select from the Company dropdown list.
From the Products & Services applet at the left, click Services & Subscriptions.
Click the Update Payment link at the right of the payroll subscription.
Click the Edit link below your credit card information.
Update your Payment Details and your Billing address.
Click Continue. You will get a confirmation message.
Click Close. You will be back to the Edit Payment Details section.
Click Continue. You will be back to the Services and Subscriptions section.
A confirmation will show at the top. To view the updated information, hover over your mouse pointer to the subscription name link.