Update billing information for your QuickBooks Payroll subscription
To avoid service interruption, you can safely and securely update your billing information for your QuickBooks Payroll Service. Follow the instructions below depending on the payment method you are using (credit card or bank account).
What will be billed to my credit card or bank account (EFT)?
- Subscription Fee - debited at the start of each subscription term (Annual or Monthly).
- Per Employee Fee - depends on the number of employees that you pay at least once in a month and is debited the following month. Example: The per employee fee for the employees paid in January will be debited on your billing day of the following month (February).
An email notification prior to the renewal and upon the renewal of the payroll service is sent to your company's billing contact (initially the purchaser of the payroll service). To change the billing contact of your account, please contact us. Visit www.payroll.com/contactus, select Account, and click View Contact Info.
Who can update my billing information?
- You are an authorized user of the account.
Authorized users are contacts listed in the company's account. Only these users are authorized to access the company's account, represent the company when interacting with Intuit, and contact Intuit to add a new user.
- You have your login information to Your Account.
Intuit's security policies do not support the sharing of usernames and passwords so each contact will need an Intuit Account login.
- If you have Enhanced Payroll Plus, Assisted Payroll Plus, Enhanced PAP, or the disk delivery service, you can update your billing information in Your Account website only (even if you are using credit card).
In QuickBooks, go to Employees> My Payroll Service> Account/Billing Information.
Sign in using your login information to Your Account. This will open the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page.
In the Annual Billing Details section, the level of information and the link to click vary per role/user:
Change Payment link
Note: The Holder is the name on the credit card but not necessarily the billing contact. To change the Holder and/or the billing contact, please contact us. Visit www.payroll.com/contactus, select Account, and click View Contact Info.
Add Credit Card link
Enter your new credit card information, and then click Continue.
Review the Annual Renewal Date and the Annual Fee.
Click the Log Out link at the upper right, and close the page.
At the top right, verify that you are opening the correct company. Otherwise, select the correct company.
In the Products & Services section, select your payroll service.
At the right, in the Billing Information section, click the Edit link next to the Payment Method.
Update your Payment Details and click Save and Close.
QuickBooks Payroll Service Features
Renew or reactivate your payroll service
All about the new Your Account page
QuickBooks software license agreement
Cancel Standard, Enhanced, or Basic payroll service
Sales tax exempt status update and sales tax refund
View and update QuickBooks Payroll service account information