Save time. Avoid penalties. Smile.
- Instant paychecks & tax calculations
- Fed and State tax forms filled in for you
- Free live US-based support from experts
Intuit Enhanced Payroll
+ $2.00/mo. per employee
We'll handle payroll, compliance & tax laws
1. Pay employees
Enter hours, get instant paychecks. Print checks yourself or use free direct deposit.
2. Pay payroll taxes
Federal and state payroll taxes are calculated for you. Just click to
e-pay your taxes.
3. File payroll tax forms
Automatically fills in the latest federal and most state payroll tax forms. Then just click to e-file.
Enhanced Payroll Features
- Instant paycheck for W-2 employees and 1099 contractors
- Automatic tax calculations
- Free direct deposit
- Federal and State forms completed for you
- Electronically pay and file taxes, including W-2's at year-end
- Email reminders for taxes & forms
- Free support from payroll experts
- Print W-2's & forms for employees
- Accessible from iPad, iPhone or Android (online version only)
- Works with or without QuickBooks
How it works
Click on the tabs below to view our Online or QuickBook Desktop versions.
Enhanced Online Payroll
(Does not require QuickBooks)
Payroll Anywhere, Anytime (01:07)
Enhanced Payroll in QuickBooks
Take a tour (05:38)
Do you need an accounting solution too?
Buy QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Payroll together and SAVE 20% on both!Learn more
What our customers are saying
This is a test review
kelsey P | Dec 02, 2013
David J Harrington | Nov 28, 2013
Tashara | Nov 01, 2013
Stella Fuentes | Oct 31, 2013
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What do I need to be able to use Enhanced Payroll?
A: You'll need Internet access so Payroll Enhanced can automatically download the latest payroll tax rates.
Also, the federal government requires every person or company paying wages to have an Employer Identification Number (EIN). Employers must include it on all federal forms and returns. You can apply for an EIN and get it immediately at the IRS Web site at http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Apply-for-an-Employer-Identification-Number-(EIN)-Online
If you choose to buy Enhanced Payroll in QuickBooks, you will also need to have QuickBooks Pro or Premier 2011 or newer. If you choose to buy Online Enhanced Payroll, QuickBooks is not required.
Q: Can I switch to Enhanced Payroll mid-year?
A: Yes. But, if you've already paid employees this year, you'll need to enter your year-to-date payroll history, so our calculations are correct. Our step-by step guide can help you.
If you're paying employees for the first time this year, there's no payroll history to enter. So, it's easy to get started.
Q: Does Enhanced Payroll handle both hourly and salaried employees?
Q: What about bonuses, commissions, and overtime?
A: Enhanced Payroll handles all of these, plus many other wage types.
Q: Can I pay contractors and produce 1099s?
A: Yes. You can pay both employees and independent contractors with Enhanced Payroll.
Q: How do I pay my employees?
A: Just enter employees' hours, and Enhanced Payroll will calculate paychecks, subtracting payroll taxes and deductions.
Then print paychecks instantly or use our convenient Direct Deposit.
You can also pay groups of employees on different days. For example, you may pay salaried employees monthly, while paying hourly employees every two weeks.
Q: Can I pay employees using direct deposit?
A: You can deposit pay into U.S. bank accounts with Intuit's Direct Deposit. You can also deposit pay to Intuit Pay Cards (ATM/debit cards that don't require bank accounts).
With our flexible Direct Deposit, you can add or remove an employee, or edit their banking information, anytime. You can also choose to pay some employees by direct deposit and others by check.
You must send Direct Deposit transactions to us by 5pm (Pacific Time) two business banking days before the paycheck date. You can deposit paychecks into up to two different accounts per employee.
Q: How much does Direct Deposit cost?
A: Direct Deposit is free with your subscription to Enhanced Payroll. By using Direct Deposit, you no longer need to print pay stubs, since employees can view their paystubs online.
Q: Which federal and state payroll tax forms are included?
A: Enhanced Payroll completes these federal payroll tax forms for you: W-2, W-3, 940/Schedule A, 941/Schedule B, 944/945a, 943/943a, 1099-MISC and 1096.
Enhanced Payroll includes many state forms. For state forms not yet supported, we provide a State Tax Summary report with all the payroll data you need.
Q: How does Enhanced Payroll help me with payroll taxes?
A: Enhanced Payroll calculates your federal and state payroll taxes, and keeps track of when tax payments are due. It completes the latest federal and most state tax forms for you - just print, sign, and mail. You can also file and pay your payroll taxes electronically with e-file and Pay
A: Want to spend even less time on payroll tax filings? Choose Full Service Payroll and our payroll experts will handle all your payroll tax requirements. It's guaranteed accurate and on time.
Q: Which benefits and deductions does Enhanced Payroll handle?
A: Enhanced Payroll tracks vacation time, sick time, paid time off, medical and dental insurance, 401(k) and other retirement plans, cash advances, and more. You can choose different deductions for different employees.
Q: Does it track workers' compensation?
A: Yes. Enhanced Payroll helps you apply the right workers' compensation codes, so you can generate detailed reports of exactly how much you owe. You can also use our pay-as-you-go workers' compensation service to automatically pay exactly what you owe each pay day. (Extra fees apply.)
Q: How is my data protected?
A: On paydays, all online transactions are protected using the same kind of encryption used by leading banks.
Q: How do I share data with my accountant?
A: You can e-mail reports and your company files to your accountant.
- After your Intuit Payroll 30 day free trial, you will automatically be charged 20% off the current rate for the first 12 months. After 12 months, you will automatically be charged at the then current rate for the service you have selected, until you cancel. Each employee you pay is an additional $2.00/month. Pay up to 150 employees. Pricing includes 1 state. If you file taxes in more than one state, each additional state is currently $12/month. You may cancel at any time. This limited time offer is valid for new Intuit Payroll subscribers only and cannot be combined with other offers. Terms, conditions, pricing, features, service and support are subject to change without notice.
- Active subscription, Internet access, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), and U.S. billing address required. Pricing varies depending on number of employees. With Enhanced Payroll, the E-File & Pay feature is available for federal and most state forms and taxes. You may need to register with tax agencies in order to use E-File & Pay. Check stock sold separately. Plus sales tax where applicable. Enhanced Payroll subscriptions in QuickBooks require QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks for Mac, QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks Premier 2011 or newer or QuickBooks Enterprise version 11.0 or higher (updated to the most current maintenance release). Click here for additional terms, conditions and limitations.